Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Raspberry-Topped Lemon Pie

(Sorry I've been MIA the past couple of posts!)

This pie is a family favorite. Even my husband, who doesn't normally care much for pies, can't get enough of this one. It is quick and easy to make. It is light and fresh and summery, and perfect with a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top.

1 (10 oz) pkg frozen raspberries
1 TBSP cornstarch
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks
1/2 c lemon juice
zest of one lemon
1 graham cracker pie crust

In a small saucepan, combine raspberry and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened and clear (sometimes I add some sugar, but it is not necessary). In medium bowl, beat egg yolks with sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pour into crust.

Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Spoon raspberry mixture evenly over the top. Chill 4 hours or until set. Top with whipped cream. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I'm always winding up with yolks that I have no idea what to do with, and this sounds like a perfect recipe for them.

    ReplyDelete