Friday, February 12, 2010

Chicken Fajitas



Every Wednesday night was “Fajita Night” when I lived with my friend Sarah shortly after finishing my undergrad. I have many fond memories of cooking and eating with her (especially when she’d cook wearing her lab coat, goggles, and a hat made out of her O-Chem molecule kit). While fajitas stopped being a weekly meal after I got married, I was crushed when we moved here and couldn’t find the seasoning packets I used for them at the grocery store. Out of desperation, I started playing with different recipes, and I wound up with this dish, which I love even more. We like our fajitas veggie heavy, but if you are a true carnivore, feel free to increase the chicken and take out a pepper or two.

Chicken Fajitas
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Canola oil
1 tsp Chili powder
1 Clove minced garlic
Juice of ½ lime (or some concentrate)
2 Chicken breasts
1 Onion
3 Bell peppers, any color
Tortillas
Toppings (we like cheese, sour cream, and rice)

1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Cut chicken, onion, and peppers into thin strips and add to bowl, stirring to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, or several hours in the refrigerator.
3. Sauté until chicken has cooked through. Serve on tortillas with your favorite tortilla toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment