Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken with Rice

Chicken

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup honey

In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice and honey, stirring well. Put chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour sauce over top. Refrigerate for about 1 hour, turning every 15-20 minutes. Remove from marinade and cook (either on grill or in oven for 350' for 35 to 45 minutes).


Rice

Ingredients:
rice
water
onions
lime juice

Cook rice with chopped onions. Right before serving, pour lime juice over top, mix and serve.


Notes: Chicken: This recipe is a freezer meal recipe. If freezing, place container in freezer after 1 hour of marinating in the frig. Then to cook, Thaw chicken in refrigerator overnight. Remove chicken from marinade and BBQ on the grill, or cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes until juices run clear and thermometer registers 165'F.
I made this as a trial for a freezer meal class I am co-teaching with Michelle. It is a summer winner! I love it. I did not freezer it, so I am not sure how it freezes. I do have extra from my first try, so I am freezing it. I hope it turns out. I am thinking it will be even better as the chicken marinades even more. I would add a little salt and pepper before I grill it next time, for a little more flavor.
Rice: I actually love this rice recipe. I added it once to rice because I had extra lime juice from a fresh juiced lime. It adds so much flavor to the rice. Now whenever I can, I try to add fresh juice to rice. I add right before serving and not during cooking (some juices change flavor during cooking). I have added lemon, lime, or orange juice. Stir well to make sure all rice received the added flavor. If you have never done it, 1-2 Tablespoons is usually enough. Taste to make sure you put enough on the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment