Friday, February 18, 2011

So Papilla Cheesecake

Last evening our RS had a week night event. We had a lesson on spousal relationships and then a panel discussion with some excellent questions, insights and views. It was a rare RS event in which the men were invited, so we provided babysitting and food. It turned out great with a wonderful turnout. I want to think that the food helped. For dessert I made So Papilla Cheesecake-- from my sister that lots of people wanted the recipe. So I thought maybe people in the blogging world would also appreciate the recipe. I must warn you that it is in NO WAY low fat (it is cheesecake people), but it is quick and easy and delicious. So here it goes....

2 cans of crescent rolls
16 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13X9 inch pan.
Spread 1 can of crescent rolls on the bottom of the pan.
Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together and spread on top of dough. Cover with other can of crescent rolls. Pour melted butter over the top. Sprinkle Cinnamon and sugar over top.

Bake for 30-35 minutes-- crust should be golden brown. Let sit for 5-10 minutes but serve warm.


Notes: I saw crescent rolls in a solid roll instead of individual crescent cut outs the other day. I did not try it because it was more expensive, but I think if I were to make it again for myself, I would use it. It saves some time in rolling out and looks prettier. I also do not use low fat in this recipe. That means no low fat cream cheese (it does not melt easily and does not taste the same) nor do I use low fat crescent rolls. I do go with the regular recipe ingredients and minimize my portions. One piece of dessert won't kill you and it is all you really need. But this is a good, quick dessert. You can make it ahead of time and just cook before your guest arrive.

1 comment:

  1. I finally got around to making these, and they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete