Sunday, June 13, 2010

Roasted Vidalia Onions

Last night I made dinner for some friends. I saw this recipe somewhere a long time ago and it looked great. So I wanted to try it out. It went well with the main dish (Balsamic BBQ Chicken) that I decided to make it. Well it was delicious. Very, very, very good. There was NONE left for me to enjoy today. good thing I saved an onion. Quick, simple and delicious-- always a good combo when you cook.


4 Vidalia or other sweet onions, each peeled and cut into 8 wedges (about 2 pounds)
Olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees

2. Arrange onion wedges on a jelly-roll pan coated with oil; sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn onion wedges over; bake an additional 20 minutes or until onions are tender.

3. Spoon onions into a serving dish, and drizzle with vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment